Last Updated: June 2022
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Contact Information. If you use the Contact Us feature of the Site or contact us in another way, you may provide us with your full name, phone number, email address, city, state, zip code and information about the nature of your request, question or comment.
Account Information. The Site allows some users register to create an account with us. To create an account, you will provide us with your name, email, phone number and account password.
Business Data. We collect information related to other employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of a third-party organization (e.g., business, company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit, or government agency) with whom we may conduct, or possibly conduct, business activities.
Job Applicant Information. If you fill out an application for a job available on the Site, you will be asked to provide us with personal information about yourself so we can evaluate your application (“Job Applicant Information”),such as Contact Information; information in your curriculum vitae (“CV”), resume, cover letter, or similar documentation; educational background including degrees, certificates, transcripts; credit history and/or criminal background screenings (where relevant to your application and permitted under applicable law); and, other unique information in your application that you choose to share with us, such as personal preferences, hobbies, social preferences, etc. If you have a disability and would like for us to consider an accommodation, you may provide that information during the recruitment process. Velociti may also ask for information such as race, ethnicity, or gender for the purposes of monitoring our equal opportunity program and compliance. However, for the purposes of your application this information is voluntary. If you provide us with this information, it will not be considered in the hiring or selection process.
Marketing Data. We collect and retain data on your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications.
Your Feedback. You may provide us, and we retain, feedback from you about our Site as well as our products and services generally, which may include data gathered from any surveys in which you participate.
Usage and Technical Data. Like most website operators, Velociti collects certain technical data when you use our Site, such as a user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time when users visit the Site. We may also collect information about the device you’re using to access the Site, including the type of device, the operating system, device settings, and device identifiers.
When you do not provide personal information that we request, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete a transaction, and you agree that Velociti will not be liable or otherwise responsible for any actions resulting therefrom.
Most often, we collect personal information directly from you, such as when you directly engage with us. We may also collect personal information about, or related to you, from third parties, such as our recruitment vendors, background and credit check providers, public agencies responsible for assisting in the employment eligibility and verification process, publicly available sources, and your identified references. We may also obtain information about you from public sources or third parties. For example, you may also choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as job-related social media sites (e.g., LinkedIn). We do not request, and please do not provide us with, any details that can be used to access or control any of your social media accounts.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Velociti may use personal information for several business and administrative purposes, or to further our legal or other business interests. Generally, we use personal information for the following reasons:
Services and transactions. We may use your personal information to deliver services to you or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on our products or services you have purchased or otherwise use, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, answering customer service requests, and facilitating the use of our Site and payment card transactions.
Improving our Site. We use the information we collect to provide full access and functionality of the Site, such as to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site; to protect against users seeking to hack into the Site; and to assess the level of general interest in the Site.
Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information to inform you of our products or services which may be of interest to you, and to otherwise communicate with you about offerings, events, news, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us.
Enforcement and Business Interests. We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuse of our Site, products, or facilities. We may use personal information to administer and protect our business and our Site, including system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data. We may, in our sole discretion, use personal information to promote, defend or protect our legal, regulatory, or business interests
Job Applicant Information. We use Job Applicant Information to identify and evaluate job applicants, including assessing skills, qualifications, and interests; communicate with applicants about the recruitment process and your application; comply with our legal, judicial, regulatory, administrative, or other corporate requirements; analyze and improve our application and recruitment process, including by executing satisfaction surveys; accommodate individuals who may have specialized needs during the employment process.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose non-personally identifiable aggregated information about our users without restriction. We may also share personally identifiable information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights. If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
Other Third Parties. We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy. If we reorganize or sell all or a portion of our assets, undergo a merger, or are acquired by another entity, we may transfer your information to the successor entity. If we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, your information would be an asset transferred or acquired by a third party.
Social Media Platforms
Cookies and Web Beacons
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
The safety and security of your personal information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password to access our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of those credentials and not revealing them to others. You must contact us immediately if you have reason to believe that your username or password to our Site has been compromised. You acknowledge and agree that we may contact you via email or other electronic communications in the event we are legally required to notify you of a data security incident or event related to your personal information
Our Data Retention Criteria
Velociti is based in the United States and the personal information that we collect and process is retained and stored in the United States. Please be aware that (i) the United States may not provide the same level of protection of personal information as in your country, state, or jurisdiction of residence or nationality, (ii) the European Union and other foreign authorities have determined that, in some circumstances, the United States does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, and (iii) when transferred to the United States, your personal information may be accessible by, or otherwise made available to, United States authorities and officials pursuant to judicial and/or administrative orders, decrees, and demands, and/or other domestic laws, statutes, and regulations, applicable in the United States. By continuing to provide us such information you hereby consent to your personal information being transferred to, and stored in, the United States.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
Velociti does not, to the best of our knowledge, sell or rent, personal information that we have collected or retain about you to any other third-party for any purpose. Accordingly, we do not offer individuals the ability to “opt-out” of the selling or renting of personal information because we do not engage in those practices.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13 and children under 13 years of age are not permitted to visit the Site for any reason. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will delete the information.
YOUR RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You are permitted, and hereby agree, to only provide personal information to Velociti if such personal information is accurate, reliable, and relevant to our relationship and only to the extent such disclosure will not violate any applicable data protection law, statute, or regulation.
You may have certain rights under applicable data protection law with respect to personal information about you that is collected through the Sites or when you contact or otherwise engage with us. To exercise any of these data privacy rights, please contact us, or have your authorized agent contact us, in accordance with the “Contact Us” section listed below. In the event you submit, or your authorized agent submits on your behalf, a data request, you (and your authorized agent) hereby acknowledge and agree, under penalty of perjury, that you are (or the authorized agent of) the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. We will respond to any data requests within the timeframes required by law, and we may charge a fee to facilitate your request where permitted by law.
Marketing. You have the right to opt-out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications from us. All electronic direct marketing communications that you may receive from us, such as e-mail messages,
California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”), California residents have additional data privacy rights, including the following:
- Access: The right to access general categories and/or the specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold about you over the past twelve (12) months, including the sources from which the personal information was collected; the business or commercial purpose for which your personal information was collected, used, disclosed, or sold; and, the third parties with whom we have shared your personal information.
- Deletion/Erasure: The right to request that we delete/erase your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Data Portability: The right to request that Velociti transfers, to the extent technically feasible, personal information in certain forms and formats.
- Nondiscrimination: The right not to be subject to discrimination for asserting your rights under the CCPA.
To exercise any of the CCPA’s data privacy rights set forth herein, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section listed below. If you would prefer, you may designate an authorized agent to submit a CCPA privacy request on your behalf. An authorized agent must be registered with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
Privacy Request Verification Process. If you (or your authorized agent) makes any request related to your personal information under the CCPA, Velociti will ascertain your identity (and the identity of the authorized agent, to the extent applicable) to the degree of certainty required or permitted under the law before addressing your request. Velociti will, to the extent required or permitted by law, require you (or your authorized agent) to verify your request via email or other means and match at least two pieces of personal information we have previously collected from you before granting you access to, or erasing, specific pieces or categories of personal information, or otherwise responding to your request. We may require written documentation that demonstrates a third party is authorized to serve as your agent for the purposes of submitting the requests set forth herein, unless you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code §§ 4121 to 4130. None of the CCPA’s rights are absolute and are subject to legal and regulatory exceptions and exemptions. For more information about the CCPA, please see: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
Opt-Out Rights / Do Not Sell My Personal Information. California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. However, Velociti does not sell your personal information to third parties for profit, or monetary or other valuable consideration.
European Union (EU), Switzerland, and United Kingdom (UK)
Data Protection Rights. If you are located in the EU, Switzerland, or the UK, you have the following data protection rights:
- Right to Know: The right to know about what personal information Velociti collects and processes about you, including the types and categories of personal information we collect and process, the sources of such personal information, our retention criteria, with whom we share your personal information, cross-border data transfers, and how to file complaints and inquiries.
- Automated Decision Making. Velociti does not engage in any activity that subjects our customers, Site users, survey participants, or others to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects, or similarly significantly results, impacting them.
- Access Rights. You may ask us whether we process any of your personal information and, if so, receive access to such personal information. When complying with an access request, we will also provide you with additional information, such as the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned as well as any other information necessary for you to exercise the essence of this right.
- You have the right to have your personal information corrected/rectified in case of inaccuracy or incompleteness. Upon request, we will correct inaccurate personal information about you and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, update any incomplete personal information, which may include the provision of a supplementary statement.
- You have the right to have your personal information erased, which means the deletion of your personal information by us and, where possible, any other controller to whom your data has previously been disclosed. However, your right to erasure is subject to statutory limits and prerequisites (e.g., where your personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the initial purposes for which it was processed, your personal information was processed unlawfully).
- Restriction of Processing. You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal information, which means that we suspend the processing of your personal information for a certain period of time. Circumstances which may give rise to this right include situations where the accuracy of your personal information is contested, but we need time to verify the inaccuracy (if any) of your personal information.
- Data Portability. You have the right to request us to provide you with your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have such data transmitted directly to another controller, where technically feasible.
- Right to Object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, which means you may request us to no longer process your personal information. This only applies in case the “legitimate interests” ground (including profiling) constitutes the legal basis for processing (see below “Legal Basis for Processing”). However, at any time (and free of charge) you can object to having your personal information processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Withdrawing Consent. You also may withdraw your consent at any time if we are solely relying on your consent for the processing of your personal information. However, this will not impact our legal basis to process such personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
To exercise any of these data privacy rights, please contact us, or have your designated agent contact us, in accordance with the “Contact Us” section listed below. To the extent permitted by law, we will need to verify your identity (or the identity of your agent) and ensure the authenticity of your request.
Legal Basis for Processing. We process your personal information in accordance with the legal bases set forth in law. For example, our processing of personal information (as described herein) is justified based on the following legal grounds.
- Processing is based on your consent (e.g., you register to receive our marketing materials, you voluntarily contact us).
- Legitimate Interests. Processing is necessary for our legitimate interests as set out herein (e.g., monitoring your use of the Site and your compliance with the terms and conditions governing the same, improving our Services).
- Contract Undertaking. Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party (e.g., you purchase or consider purchasing our Services).
- Legal Compliance. Processing is required to comply with a legal or statutory obligation (e.g., tax disclosures).
Complaints. In the event you have concerns about our data processing, you have the right to file a complaint with your data protection authority. For data protection authorities in the EU, please see here: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/about-edpb/members_en. For the data protection authority in Switzerland, please contact the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html). For the data protection authority in the UK, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach a data protection authority with a complaint, and invite you to contact us in the first instance.
Persons with Disabilities. Velociti strives to ensure that every person has access to information related to our products and services, including this Policy. Please contact us if you would like this Policy provided in an alternative format and we will seek to meet your needs
Nevada Privacy Disclaimer. Pursuant to Nevada law, a Nevada “consumer” (as the term is defined therein), may, at any time, submit a verified request through a designated request address to an “operator” directing the operator not to make any sale of his or her personal information that the operator has collected or will collect about the consumer. For clarity purposes, Velociti does not sell or exchange your personal information for monetary consideration to a third party for the third party to license or sell the information to additional persons or parties.
ATTN: Data Privacy
950 E Paces Ferry, Suite 2000
Atlanta, GA 30326